For all developments that take place at the Chair of Electrical Machines and Drives, there are fully equipped laboratories and workstations. In these, the diverse power, control and monitoring electronics at the chair can be put into operation and extensively tested. With the help of various machine test benches and converter configurations, the same applies to the developed electrical drives and actuators.
The following equipment is available for research, teaching and industrial partners:
- Machine test benches with extensive measuring shafts and load machines up to 200kW, air-conditioned and soundproofed.
- 10kV power supply with 2x 2.5 megawatt transformers on 400V and 690V.
- Machine converter for three-phase current with variable voltage and frequency.
- Machine converter for direct current.
- Battery simulator and DC supply with 1000V and 800A.
- Several photovoltaic simulators with 10kW each.
- Workstations for the assembly of printed circuit boards with extensive component magazine and diverse tools.
- Climate chamber with temperature and humidity control.
- Powerful water cooling system with a wide range of connection options.
- Laboratory for tests on electric vehicles.
- 3D printing technology for rapid prototyping.
- Extensive operating resources, tools and connection to a fully equipped mechanical workshop.
- Machine test benches:
- 10kV feed, for example for testing wind power converters:
- Workstations for assembly, commissioning and testing with extensive component magazine:
- Laboratory for electromobility and charging electronics:
- Pleasant working environment: